Friday, March 11, 2011

A guilty pleasure

magazine tearing



Those of you who really know me, know that I have a moral dilemma with the over use of disposable paper products. I despise paper cups, napkins and bags. I try my hardest not to use them unless absolutely totally necessary, and even then I will usually opt out. However, there is a little known and totally backwards obsession I have with fashion magazines. Talk about hypocrite!

I can't help it, I just crave them. My only saving grace is that I shop almost exclusively at a grocery store that doesn't carry fashion magazines. But there are items that this store doesn't carry, such as a certain chocolate ice cream and a particular kind of tortilla. So about every other month, I have to enter the store of magazine temptation and try to make it out without buying a magazine or two... It never works! I always walk out with one, head hanging low, tail between my legs and an nondescript very deliberate fast walk back to my car.

To my delight, I have found a re-purposing for these magazines! at least they are not totally single use! Thanks to micro.

1 comment:

  1. I have struggled with the same magazine dilemma. (The march and september "phone-book" editions don't help much with the guilt.) But you do what you can - which is a lot more than others - so hold your head high! How do you deal with Micro's cuteness?

    ReplyDelete