Saturday, January 1, 2011

preparation

Ok, so I am not much for New Years resolutions, however, on the way to work as I was scaling a four foot snowbank holding my micro-man wearing Dansko's, no jacket and gloveless, it hit me. My resolution is to be more prepared. More precisely, to be more prepared myself! The little man is always taken care of, the dog always fed and loved, the man always able to take care of himself. I on the other hand am always running out of the house, late, underdressed and in the wrong shoes. I smiled to myself as I walked into my shop and decided on my new resolution. "It will be perfect I thought."

...fast forward three hours.

Afterwork I thought a nice afternoon cross country ski would be just perfect. I headed out with three friends, micro and Papa. It wasn't until I was skiing into the wind, ears freezing, nose freezing, frozen fingers and thirsty that I realized I had done it again! I was unprepared for yet another thing TODAY!

New Years resolution: To be more prepared / take better care of myself.
I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to hitch myself to your New Year's resolution and... Yes let's ignore all else and embrace the Boy Scout's motto-- Be Prepared! My version is to plan ahead for the rest of the school year.
    Happy New Year to All and Peace on Earth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could learn from you, as I spend way too much time planning & getting my stuff together. Happy New Year Buddy.

    ReplyDelete